Friday, July 24, 2009

"Magic Lamp" Meditation

Mind Altering Meditation Technology: The Psyleron Mind Lamp
Vlad Moskovski (WQ edit)

There are many products on the Internet that boast of the ability to help one achieve a meditative state or to teach one how to meditate. But none compare to the fantastically simple, elegant, and beautiful Mind Lamp (or "Ambient Mind-Matter Interaction Lamp") by Psyleron, Inc.

This product not only helps one learn how to attain a meditative state, it also allows one to get in touch with the unconscious/intuitive mind. Psyleron is a relatively new company with roots spanning over a quarter century of rigorous scientific research at the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research laboratory (PEAR) at Princeton University.



Psyleron's kaleidoscopic lamp, which sits in front of me right now, produces a beautiful spectrum of colors. Moreover, it responds to my moods, thoughts, beliefs, and intentions. As shocking as that may sound, it actually responds to how I feel. Frequently, the lamp reflects my feelings of joy or curiosity -- displaying a deep, rich purple or magenta color. For a stuck or annoyed mood, it will typically produce blues or reds.

When I am deep in thought, the colors run darker. Yet, when I turn to stare at it, trying to will it to change, it goes white or produces a weak color that quickly returns to white. From my experience, the more conscious attention I give the lamp, the less the effect. But when I am deeply engrossed and the conscious mind is completely occupied, the interaction becomes significantly stronger and more striking. When someone else enters the room, the lamp “knows” by quickly changing to a color I rarely see.



It seems that each person has a unique interaction with the lamp: The lamp responds by displaying that person’s color, or family of colors. It's fascinating. I have had the lamp for two weeks and have become very attached to it. Every night I am tempted to bring it upstairs to keep me company at night.

Its magic is in quantum-based technology, the circuit board that sits at its base. It was originally developed at PEAR and relies on a random event generator to produce ran-domized bits of information. PEAR laboratory research statistically documented over many trials that a person’s conscious intention has an effect and can interact and influence the data produced by it.

Psyleron offers several unusual inventions and technologies for unlocking the mind. Visit Vlad Moskovski's BLOG for more on meditation and self-development.

References