Thursday, January 29, 2015

Why do young couples get divorced? (video)

(Emma Rosberg) Yolandi Visser and Ninja, the core of Die Antwoord, sing love duet "Strunk"

Maybe marriage was a bad, bad idea.
Yolandi: Ah, love, love, love...makes you feel so trippy like you're stoned and drunk at the same time, strunk, 24/7, baba.

Ninja: You make me feel like everyday is Saturday, my friend. Go to sleep, wake up, it's Saturday again. I'm busy, man, I'm going around the world, got me f'd up by this pretty little girl. And all I really want to do is get on a plane and come and visit you. Fly close to the sun, Jesus, what's going on?

We didn't plan on a baby; now we're stuck.
CHORUS: OMG, I'm so strunk, stone drunk, oh f---! Help me, lord, I'm so strunk, f'd up, love drunk.

Yolandi: I'm zoning out in my room all alone staring at the f'ing telephone. Is this for real, or are you just playing games? Haven't heard from you in three whole days. You told me you want me to be your girl, look into my eyes and promise me the world. Tell me is this really true romance, or are you just trying to get in my pants? Party tonight, everybody's going on telling me we got to go. Just close the door, switch off the light, leave me alone. I don't want to f'n go. F--- your pinky-promise, playboy, cause you steal my heart and then you go, just leave me so desperately lonely.

Ninja: Love lifts you up like an eagle, baby girl. You're so cool, you're so next, you're so natural, you're so sex.

Yolandi: Love f's you up like an evil angel. You so cool, cool as ice but, playboy, you tell f'ing lies. Chorus.

On a Reddit thread, hundreds of people disclosed why they divorced within a year of getting married
  • Reddit asked users to explain why they divorced before a year of marriage.
  • The site received 200 responses from people reeling from premature splits.
  • Cocaine, affairs, religion, and wife beating -- the posts are shocking.
Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, and Kim Kardashian all had famously short-lived marriages.
 
Although the duration of their relationships, which lasted from a matter of days to just a few months, may be shocking, the reasons for their splits come as no surprise -- unlike the ream of depressing admissions submitted to Reddit.


Advice on how to date after a divorce (related)
   
A post on the online community website asked users to share the reasons their marriage had ended with a year of their wedding and it was met with a shocking deluge of terrifying marriage stories.
 
On a Reddit thread, hundreds of people disclosed why they divorced within a year of getting married. From simply drifting apart to drug addiction and even gender identity disorder, the discussion thread includes more than 200 responses with fascinating and honest accounts of early divorce.
 
Here we select some of the most astounding anecdotes from those who have experienced the horrifying reality of breaking up within a year of marriage.
We met and fell I love while I was stationed in Georgia. We were engaged and she moved back to Louisiana with me. After about six months, she started acting weird. I asked what was wrong but got no straight answer.
 
I offered to call off the wedding, but she insisted that she loved me and wanted to stay with me. We were married on Thanksgiving day. On Christmas Eve, she admitted to cheating on me during our engagement.
 
I spiraled into a terrible dark depression. We tried to make it work for about a year. As my depression lifted, I realized that my resentment buried any love that I had for her. She cheated again and I left her

Although some of the reasons seemed pretty normal, such as drifting apart, others were far more shocking with drug addiction and domestic abuse being flagged as causes for several posters. 

As simple as that 
She started loving someone else. Worst 90 days of my life.
 
He tried some cocaine and that was it 
Ken isn't the only who's going to ruin "us"!
My ex-husband and I had been best friends for seven years. According to everyone we were soulmates. Well we were madly in love and finally started dating, then moved in together, and after a year or so said our "I dos."
  
One month after we were married he went out drinking with some friends. He tried some cocaine and that was it. He became a severe alcoholic and drug addict. He drained our accounts, stole every penny, destroyed our house, violently threatened me, and finally disappeared. Then he overdosed and spent months in rehab only to continue his habit the minute he got out.
 
This sounds like a white trash love story right? He was actually from a wealthy, upper class family, was endlessly kind and loyal to us, very well educated. It was a complete shock to all of us with this behavior. He is still a junkie to this day. We were only married eight months from "I do" to divorce day in court. It still breaks my heart to this day.
 
Spiritual prompting
In one case a woman admitted that her husband had used the internet to find men for sex
Her husband used the Net to find men for sex.
My sister had a friend that got divorced really quickly after her marriage (six months I think). The whole thing was rushed. They dated for less than a year.
 
She married him because she was religious and thought she was receiving a spiritual prompting. After the marriage they didn't act like newlyweds at all. Little to no holding hands, when they were sitting on a couch they had a foot of space between themselves, and so on. It wasn't long before they realized it wasn't going to work out.
 
A friend of mine from university got divorced after three months because of her husband's addictions that he failed to mention -- cocaine and finding gay men for sex on Craigslist. I say that the second was an addiction because he was picking up like three dudes a week on average. 

Counseling turned to coupling
My mother got divorced six months after her first marriage. They were having problems, went to a marriage counselor who told my mom that her husband needed one-on-one counseling but that my mom was fine and could go home. After their divorce finalized, another wedding with the marriage counselor was in the works.

The fling attended the wedding
My future ex-sister-in-law invited her boyfriend to her wedding to my brother. We didn't realize who he was at the time.
 
Forced into it
My parents threatened me and my ex saying we were living "in sin" because we were living together and not married. More
Denver police attempt to murder 5 teens, kill 16-y.o. girl Denver police shot and killed a teenage girl early Monday who they say drove a stolen car by two officers in a dark alley, brushing one of them on the leg. It was the third time in seven months that Denver police have shot suspects whom they accused of using cars as weapons. The shooting happened about 6:30 am. A volley of shots rang out in the crowded residential area, waking neighbors who said the gun reports were followed by screams and cries.
    1. Chief: Denver cops asked teens to get out of car before fatal shooting
    2. Wade Phillips hired as Denver Broncos defensive coordinator
    3. Deflategate merely the latest in long line of rule-breaking
    4. Kiszla: Exclusion of T.D. a running travesty
    5. Ancient skull in Israel documents early migration from Africa
    6. About 200 people attend Jessica Hernandez protest at District 2 police s
    7. FBI recovers 6 minors, arrests 2 in Denver Stock Show sex trade sting
    8. Denver police fatally shoot teen girl suspect; officer hit by car

  • No comments: